Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Meatballs

One thing that we haven't found very many of over here is sub/pizza shops. As many of you know I love subs and that was easily my favorite meal my first couple years after college when I spent a lot of time at Little Pizza King in Brighton. Now that we have been here for about 3 months we are really starting to notice that there is a lack of sub shops. In fact I miss them very much.

I love all types of subs and have many favorites from Italian, to Steak/Cheese, to Turkey. One of my favorites is Meatball. The Meatball is a great piece of food, and when you put it in a nice sub roll with cheese, it's unreal. So the other day Erin and I bought some meet, spices, cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, etc. and baked some unreal meatballs. We put them in the sub rolls and we had a great meal.

I'm sure that one of the stops we will make during our first visit back to the US will be to get some yummy subs.

7 comments:

Jim Storer said...

One of my favorite subs (I'm actually eating one for lunch right now) is a chicken cutlet with mayo, provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and hot peppers in a sub roll. One of the best I've ever had was from another place in Brighton you undoubtedly miss... The Big A Deli. The large chicken cutlet sub from there was/is a religious experience (not to mention it would leave you in a food coma for several hours).

I also recall another sub we affectionately called "The Big Schlubba"... a large cheeseburger sub with mayo, ketchup and all the veggies. Mmmmmm...delicious! I can only dream of having a BS these days... all 4,000 calories and 200 grams of fat would be enough to land me in a hospital, but the memory is tasty on its own. Thanks!

Jim Storer said...

p.s. Don't even get me started on wraps... they're the anti-christ to a real sub lover!

Unknown said...

Well it's very early in the morning here in Auckland, but reading about the chicken cutlet sub makes my mouth water...especially with the hot peppers included.

Yes the Big A Deli is a tasty place, but was generally too far from where my apartment was (i.e. 1 mile) so I didn't make it there very often. The Big A Deli had a big make over 4 years ago as it had a new owner who is a guy that my family knows.

Mom C said...

It certainly sounds like Jeremy and Erin have found their new passion...cooking!!!! Looking forward to having you home so you can spend alot of time in our kitchen cooking up some goodies!! YUM!!!

Carol Lee said...

I cannot believe you are new to a fabulous country and on a fabulous adventure and all you can talk about are subs. This is wrong. I fear you will come home looking like 2 pound cakes.
Love, Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

I am not a big fan of New England sub shops. They are all kinda dingy and the food is usually pretty bland. One notable exception is Pizza Etc. in the Oak Square area, they have a greek chicken sub that has feta cheese. Its the best!

Jim Storer said...

I agree with Aunt Carol... let's start talking about doughnuts!