Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Professor Who?

So a few months ago prior to coming to NZ I had signed up to be a guest lecturer at a University of Auckland class. Today was the day for the lecture, so I had my material all set and headed up to the University. I figured the class would be around 50 students and probably 10 wouldn't show up, so only about 40 in the class.

I walk into the lecture hall and THE PLACE WAS HUGE! The place holds over 500 people and there were approximately 300 people in the class. As you can imagine I was slightly stunned at the the sheer volume of students, but continued my walk to the front of the classroom. I met the professor, and then did my stuff.

Overall the presentation went very well and hopefully some of the students (who stayed awake) learned something. Good think I didn't' have any fears about public speaking today.

In addition Erin had a successful day as she placed her first candidate in a job (Hooray for Erin, and for the bottle of wine she got as a congratulations).

0 comments: