Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Frugal

As noted in an earlier blog, Erin and I decided to become slightly frugal this week as our monetary funds were extremely low as I was owed a very significant amount of money from PwC for our relocation costs. So, for the first 3 days this week Erin and I have both brought our lunches.

For those of you who know me, that's not typical as I'm generally not extremely excited about making my sandwich in the morning, etc. But, we have some great rolls, and the ham and chicken (that's right sliced turkey at the deli is very uncommon here) from the deli are very tasty. In addition Erin's been a big help and has made my sandwich along with hers in the morning. My job has been to put some cookies in some baggies for each of us.

I'm not sure how long this whole "bringing lunch" thing will last, but it's been fun for the first 3 days this week.

Now I have been reimbursed from PwC, so we now have money in our account over here (Yippie!). We'll see how the bringing lunch thing works out, but I'm assuming that Erin and I will eat out our fare share of times as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do people eat for snacks at work? Do they have Robeks smoothies? Do they have mini carrots?

Erin said...

They have mini carrots, but they are like real carrots, with green tops. We haven't bought any yet. They seem really cool though. Regular carrots are HUGE. It takes like two salads to get through one.
People eat fruit at work. It's free delivered for free. They give out chips and wine at my office all the time...not sure about Jeremy getting chips and wine, but I know he gets fruit as well.
Pretzels are hard to come by :(