Thursday, November 6, 2008

Back on Vacation

Sorry it's been a while, we've been keeping busy with work events, a wedding, and the great spring weather. Back on vacation in Australia...

On Friday morning we took a daytrip to the Great Barrier Reef with Calypso Reef Cruises. We signed ourselves up for 2 Intro scuba dives that day. Jeremy is a certified diver, but I'm not, so we decided to do the Intro Dives so we could enjoy it together. I made sure I took my seasickness pills but my nerves almost got the best of me as I felt pretty queezy during the trip to the reef. I was certain that either I'd get eaten by a shark, left behind by the boat, or my head would explode from the pressure.

Our guide, Erin, was great. We had to pass a basic test with her before going very deep in the water. After three tries and some coaxing I was breathing under water and exploring the Reef. There was a very friendly (and BIG) fish named Marley that came to visit us on the dive. We also saw turtles and other amazing sea creatures. Apparently a shark swam by (not a man-eating one) but we missed that, unfortunately.

What a great experience! I am so happy that I let Jeremy convice me that diving is fun. Between our two dives, Jeremy snorkeled around while I sun-bathed. Here are some of the photos that we caught with our camera:

0 comments: