Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Snooker & St. Patrick's Day

Today is St. Patrick's Day over here in New Zealand and like St. Patty's day anywhere, it's celebrated pretty big. We didn't have the day off which was a bummer, but oh well. I was able to share a couple of beers quickly at a pub and was able to convince the bartender that she should give me a really cool Guinness t-shirt.

Later on it was off to Ponsonby Pool Hall for a little Snooker. Since arriving here in NZ I've learned about the game of Snooker which is similar to pool, but played on a table which is much larger and has much smaller balls. Since hearing about it, I've been speaking with Phil about playing and finally we were able to get a time booked on the calendar. Phil's wife Lyndsay and Paul from Scotland were there as well as Erin. I was able to figure out the rules and played alright, but the rules are more than I want to write about on here, so please click on the link above for a little summary of the game written by wikipedia of course.

We have a couple pictures which were taken on my camera and I will load them tomorrow so stay tuned.

0 comments: