Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Touch Rugby Career is over

In November of 2008 I began my touch rugby career. I played with a number of people from work and we got off to a good start with a couple wins in the first few weeks. We then lost a game and I was pretty upset as losing is never good. Overall my first season was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it.

This year I played again, but unfortunately our team was very bad and not winning a game became all too common. My last rugby game of my career was this past Friday night and I was playing on another team which we won with a final try with no time left in the game. It was a great win and a good way to end my career.

Unfortunately I injured my finger in one of my last games and it still hasn't gotten better. I went to the doctors and he's told me that I have to see a physical therapist (physio as it's called here). It sure does sound strange, but yes, I have to see a physio for my hurt finger. I have an appointment for Monday, so hopefully they can help make me a speedy recovery.

Everyone over here has told me to take Rugby back to the US and to start up a touch league in Boston. As much as that sounds like fun to me, I'm pretty sure it'll be difficult to start up a touch league, so I'm guessing my career in Touch is over (at least for now).

0 comments: