Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blown Away

Jeremy is off playing touch rugby this evening and I am busy catching up on our friends' blogs. Stephen and Deon (they live in our building and are from the US as well) keep a great blog. I was checking it out and was blown away by the photos Deon took on our trip to Tongariro. Check it out: http://onlyinnewzealand.blogspot.com/. She's a professional photographer, so the stakes were high, but I think she she did a great job! I'd also like you to notice the picture of me carrying our heavy pack for some of the trip. See I'm not 100% lazy :)

Another great blog to check out is our friend Nate's: http://2yearsinkiwiland.blogspot.com/
He is from Pittsburgh and (of course) a huge Steeler's fan. Jeremy watched the Super Bowl with him yesterday at Fox's a bar in the Viaduct. Nate was the organizer of our trip to Tongariro and he did a great job planning the trip. He has some great photos as well!

Anyways, enjoy the photos! It's a short week for us (3 days!) and then we're off to the Hawkes Bay for a wine festival. It's one of the few places we have yet to see of this amazing country. We're going to try our hand at camping since we've had good experiences in both the Outback and Abel Tasman. Fingers crossed for great weather and we'll catch you soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that Jeremy is wearing an IPRR shirt in 50% of the photos I see of him. Looking forward to your return to the greater Boston area.

Jim

Unknown said...

Yes well the picture in Steve/Deon's blog is a night we were all out at dinner and I was were the iPond shirt. A guy said to me "I don't get your shirt". So I explained and he thought it was pretty good. He then commented that he had seen a iPood shirt.

Looking forward to our return as well.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the 'shout-out' you guys!!! That is sooo nice! I need all the publicity I can get, especially considering how unsuccessful I am at finding any work in NZ!! ;)