Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary today and can't believe that it has been just two years since we got married! We have shared so many fun and exciting adventures together.

We celebrated over a delicious dinner at Number 5 in Auckland. Number 5 is famous for its New Zealand food and huge selection of boutique New Zealand wines. Upon being seated we were quickly greeted by the Sommelier who probed our wine preference and convinced us that the Felton Road Pinot Noir would change our lives forever. It was DELICIOUS! If my wallet was bigger, I'd let her choose wine for me forever - I guess life really is too short to drink bad wine.

Jeremy started off with a serving of cauliflower soup with bleu cheese (which I enjoyed my fair share of). The name does nothing for it as the soup was divine - move over Cream of Broccoli! For our mains, Jeremy had the Venison while I enjoyed the Lamb Fillet. Lamb isn't something I would usually eat but since we were in a restaurant that specialized in New Zealand cuisine, I couldn't resist. We agreed that the Venison was good but the Lamb was GREAT. While we finished our bottle of wine we pondered over what dessert to order. Our top choices were Vanilla Bean Brulee, Lemoncello Bavarian or the NZ classic - Sticky Date Pudding. We went with the Lemoncello which literally was a melt in your mouth lemon essence with white chocolate chunks...mmm mmm goood!

I'm stuffed and can't type anymore. Have a great night!

0 comments: