Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 4

Today a few brave souls decided to do one of the highest bungy jumps in the world: The Nevis Highwire Bungy in Queenstown! The Nevis is 134 meters (440 feet) high and includes 8.5 seconds of free-falling. After a nervous ride back to Queenstown, we boarded a bus for the 40 minute ride to the canyon where the jump would occur. Everyone (spectators like myself included - apparently I have a major fear of heights) was suited up in harnesses, for the trolley ride to the jump station which dangles high above the canyon:
Jeremy had an awesome jump:
Everyone had a great time and we were starving after the experience! We stopped at Fergburger, a Queenstown favorite for some burgers and fries before settling in for the night. We had another day full of adventure awaiting us in just a few hours!

4 comments:

Jim Storer said...

I'm disappointed Jeremy didn't wear an IP shirt for the big jump. ;-(

Unknown said...

I can't believe I wasn't wearing a Pond shirt either. Any chance we can set up a bungy jump in VT?

Mom C said...

Oh my goodness... I can't wait to bungee jump!! Book it Dano!
We are looking forward to our trip over to New Zealand and "walking" about!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, brings back such good memories! Great blog you two!! Keep the entires coming!