Sunday, July 29, 2007

Back in NZ

Well after my 2 week trip to the US and Canada, I'm back in New Zealand. It was great to be home and see everyone again, but it's great to be back in NZ with Erin.

Last week I was in Toronto for a conference. The conference had many highlights, but the biggest thing that happened was getting stuck in the elevator with my colleague Chris for and hour an 1/2 until 3am in the morning.

I left Boston on Friday morning for New Zealand, and although I never experienced Saturday, my flight was very much enjoyable. The best thing that happened was that I got bumped into First Class from LA to Auckland. First Class was quite an experience. I had my own little "pod" area, first class service, food, even bathrooms (they had orchids in them and very spacious for a plane bathroom).


I landed here in Auckland, and unfortunately it was raining, but stopped around mid-day. Thanks to everyone who made my trip back to the US as fun, exciting, and tyring as it was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's amazing that you got upgraded to first class!!! Wow! How did you finally get rescued from the broken elevator?

Unknown said...

There were 4 security guards keeping us company outside the elevator on the 27th floor. There was also someone on the elevator phone that we were talking to. They had to call the elevator repair man and that's why it ended up taking so long.

But he finally made it and we were rescued.