Saturday, September 6, 2008

Busy week

I have been in the US for the past week at a conference in Orlando. The conference was very well done and had 1900 people attending. The Marriott which we stayed at is the largest in the world with 2004 rooms. I arrived on Monday night after 25 hours of travelling and had a few Bud Lights with Dennis and Eric. The next day we actually went to Blizzard Beach for some fun in the sun/water and the conference began that evening.

It was a great time reconnecting with all of my US colleagues during the various sessions during the day as well as over some beers and drinks at night. The B52's performed at the hotel for us 1 night which was pretty cool.
One night, my break-out group rented the House of Blues out and we had dinner and a show there. The nights were long and the hours of sleep which I was able to pull over were very few (ranging from 3-4 hours a night).

The conference ended on Friday afternoon and Dennis was nice enough to extend his stay and hang out with me on Friday. We went to Disney Quest as well as saw a Cirque Du Soleil show (La Nouba). I'm currently sitting in LA waiting for my next flight to take me back to Auckland. It was a great week and great to catch up with everyone.

Erin had a good week in Auckland (despite me not around). This included going to the gym, hanging out with our friend Diane and her son Matthew, going for a massage, and doing research for our trip to Australia in October.

Hope everyone is well and let the Football season begin!!

3 comments:

Andy said...

the B52's! Roam if You Want To?

that was totally my favorite song in 6th grade.

Mom C said...

Let the football season.....BUT it looks like Tom Brady is OUT for the season!!!

Unknown said...

The B52's were great, but for some reason we didn't expect them to be 60. The rumor was that we were looking to bring James Taylor or John Mayer, but something was strange with their contracts.

Bummer about Brady...