Tuesday, March 11, 2008

5k Loaded Hog Run

Tonight I ran my first 5k race ever. I've never run that far and haven't exactly been "practicing" for it either, but I made it. Every Tuesday night there is a 5k race that the Loaded Hog bar in the Viaduct Harbour sponsors. There were a bunch of PwC folks that did the race (about 30) and over 100 runners in all.

Since I'm not a runner and have never run that far before I wasn't sure how fast to start at the beginning. I started out at a very fast pace, but couldn't hold it up very long, so I slowed down a bit. It was a very sunny day and difficult to make the run, but I made it in the end. I finished in 22 minutes which I thought wasn't too bad for my first time running that far. We'll see if I find the desire to run it again.

Overall it was a pretty good deal as it cost $6 to enter and get a number and you get a free beer at the end. In addition the give out bottles of wine to the men's and women's winners as well as to approximately 15 random people. Although I didn't win a bottle, there were multiple folks from PwC that won.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first 5K - that's one more than I've ever done! I think 22 minutes is pretty good for more than 3 miles by a non-runner!